Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

18 Weeks

Hello everyone! It has been a very busy week and was not able to post anything until today! 
How far along: 18 weeks
Weight gain: about 4-5 pounds. When I went to the doctor's appointment on Friday I was told that I've only gained four pounds, and I need to gain weight! I find that pretty crazy because I feel like I have the world's biggest appetite lately! 
How big is the baby?: The size of a sweet potato! According to thebump.com, the baby is becoming "amazingly mobile...passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching..." 



Maternity clothes: What can I say—maternity clothes are VERY COMFORTABLE! I could probably wear them all year long! I have started to wear a pair or two of maternity jeans, but I roll down the stretchy stomach panel. They basically feel just like my stretchy skinny jeans that I already own, minus the zipper and button. I purchased a few pieces of clothing while my mom and I were shopping this weekend. (Old Navy had a 30% off everything sale, and I couldn't pass that up!) I bought these maternity capris (I must have spring fever) from Old Navy. I also bought this sweater that is not technically "maternity," but will be nice to have as I grow! 
Stretch marks: Nope, but I have been moisturizing each morning and night. I hope that helps!
Sleep: No sleep issues here. Sleeping like a baby! 
Best moment this week: Like I mentioned earlier, this week (mainly weekend) has been quite busy! To begin, our appointment on Friday went very well. We were actually able to see the baby because they had a machine nearby. It was AMAZING to see how much our little sweetheart was moving. His or her legs would not stop flailing back and forth! It was pretty challenging for the the doctor to have the baby on the screen for a matter of seconds because he or she kept moving around! We also heard the heartbeat which is always special. We scheduled our 20 week ultrasound appointment for March 3rd. I really hope we'll be able to find out if "bambino Cifaldi" is a boy or girl, but who knows with all that movement! Since Friday was Valentine's day, we went out to dinner and spent the evening relaxing at home. On Saturday, the Forensics team had another competition. It went very well! I felt more relaxed at this tournament since I had at least one tournament under my belt. This weekend, my mom, sister and I had planned a ski/birthday weekend. (My sister's birthday is Feb. 18 and mine is today!) My mom drove to my house and then we met up with my sister that night. The snowy weather didn't stop us. Whenever I've mentioned skiing to anyone lately, they get this nervous look on their face. Trust me, I am a very cautious skier! Everything went well, and we had a great time. It was especially fun to get out and enjoy the nicer weather we have been having. For the remainder of the weekend we ate out and shopped (my kind of weekend)! Since I was out of town, that is why I wasn't able to post until today.
Miss anything: We ate at a Mexican restaurant this past weekend, and I really could have gone for a strawberry margarita, but no biggie!
Movement: I have finally felt the first kick! After we ate dinner on Friday night, I felt a little poke in my lower stomach! It was not like the normal cramp-like feelings that I've had occasionally, so I knew it had to be the baby's movement. It was an amazing feeling!
Cravings: Fruit juice, candy, apples, Mexican food
Queasy or sick: Nothing lately! I am an eating machine!
Looking forward to: Of course we are extremely excited for March 3rd, but I'm also completely looking forward to a Forensics-free Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I've really been enjoying coaching our high school team, but it will be nice to sleep in and get some stuff accomplished around our house! 

Have a wonderful rest of your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment