How far along: 16 weeks
Weight gain: 3-4 lbs.
Maternity clothes: Still just wearing leggings or stretchy pants most of the time, but I'm thinking in the next couple weeks I will need to break out my maternity pants...or start using a rubber band or hair tie around the button on my pants!
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Sleeping well, minus the fact that when I wake up, my lower back is killing me. I've been ONLY trying to sleep on my left side as well—which isn't too hard, since I generally sleep on my side anyways—but maybe that has something to do with my back pain? Or maybe a pregnancy perk?!
Best moment this week: It was definitely nice having ANOTHER three day school week. The cold weather is really getting out of hand, but when you're cooped up in your warm house getting lots done, I can't really complain. Also, I just got back from Duluth today. I drove up for a quick visit to see my sister. We, of course, did some shopping, and I found some great deals. I purchased a floral maternity maxi dress from Motherhood Maternity. I swear it looked better in person than the photo on the website. I also couldn't pass up on a pair of gray maternity skinny jeans from Target for only ten bucks! For some reason they were cheaper in store, than what they are online. Also while in Duluth, we ate the the Fitger's Brew House and my sister and I both ordered the Maple Salad. It was DELICIOUS. I could probably eat that salad every day. Tonight we are going a super bowl party and I am going to make this Taco Dip. I'm not all too excited to watch the game, but am more interested in the half-time show, commercials, and food! :)
Worst moment this week: There honestly wasn't a worst moment. My second semester started well with my students and school was pretty stress free thanks to the extra work time on Monday and Tuesday.
Miss anything: I sort-of miss the way I looked in a lot of my clothes. It feels like I'm in the really awkward stage where your belly is growing, but you maybe don't look all that pregnant. Maternity clothes still seem a little too big, but everything else is getting to be too small.
Movement: not that I can tell, yet!
Cravings: Still on the fruit kick.
Queasy or sick: Nothing too bad but feeling turned off by extremely greasy food and coffee.
Looking forward to: I'm the Forensics (public speaking) head coach at our high school this year, and our first competition is on Saturday. I've never judged at a competition before, and I've never taken a group of high schoolers to an out of town event, but it should be for a fun day of firsts. I'm not going to lie, however, I'm not totally looking forward to being on a school bus at 6:30 A.M., but it should be a good day!
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:
Post a Comment