Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

38 Weeks

How far along: 38 weeks
Gender: boy
How big is the baby?: Rhett is the size of a pumpkin! He could be anywhere from 6 to 9 pounds and 18 to almost 21 inches. He is already one big boy!

Sleep: As our due date is approaching, I am finding myself a little anxious. This is causing more and more tossing and turning throughout the night. I fall asleep fairly easy, but then I catch myself wide awake at 2 AM. However, I don't have an issue falling back asleep after that. In that case, sleep hasn't been too bad this week.
Pregnancy symptoms: Similar to last week, I have an occasional cramp here and there and am feeling quite uncomfortable doing daily activities. Something new I've noticed this week is the beautiful swelling of my ankles, feet, and hands. My wedding ring is very snug on my finger, so I haven't been wearing that at all times. It feels so strange.  
Stretch marks: I still haven't noticed any, but I am dreading the day I do.
Maternity clothes: Maternity clothes are a must. Over this Fourth of July weekend, I wore a lot of maxi dresses and leggings. 
Cravings: Fresh fruit, French toast, and DQ.
Movement: Not a lot of movement this week. There is an occasional kick, but I think someone is getting a little crowded in there!
Miss anything: I've noticed more energy this week during the day, but a lack of energy in the evening. While boating on the lake this weekend, I did miss having an adult beverage or two, but I still had a great time being in the water and sunshine and spending time with family and friends.
Best moments of the week: The weekend was definitely the highlight of my week. My friend, Tressa, came to visit me all the way from South Dakota! It was so much fun to see her. We spent the majority of the weekend outside soaking up the sun. Many people have told me that being pregnant in the summer is absolutely dreadful, but the weather has been nice so far, and I've really been enjoying it.
Looking forward to: We had our first OB class this week, and I learned all about the various stages of labor, how long the stages last, and what it feels like during those stages. As much as I am not looking forward to some of the downsides/pain of labor, I am feeling very ready to have this baby. We cannot wait to meet him. Any day now!

Have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment