Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

39 Weeks

How far along: 39 weeks... No, I haven't had the baby yet!
Gender: boy
How big is the baby?: Rhett is the size of a watermelon! He is getting quite crowded in there! He most likely weighs anywhere from 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and measures about 18.9 to 21 inches. 
Sleep: I've been sleeping well this week. I generally have been waking up twice each night (approximately at 2:00 and 5:00 A.M.). However, I have been falling asleep very easily and feel refreshed when I wake up. I've rolling out of bed (literally) anywhere from 6:00 to 8:00 A.M. When you're 39 weeks pregnant, sitting up from lying down is a challenging feat. The only downfall I've felt this week is waking up pretty sore. My back is hurting more and more, and I've had a little neck pain. 
Pregnancy symptoms: I've still been feeling cramps and/or sharp pains every so often. Every time I get so excited to feel this, but then it goes away, and I know it isn't real labor pains...soon enough, though! I need to keep remembering that our baby will come when he is ready! 
Stretch marks: Well it finally happened...I noticed some on my lower stomach and immediately doused them with this special stretch marks lotion. The lotion probably won't make a difference, but hey, I tried!
Maternity clothes: Obviously I'm still in maternity clothes. I've also been wearing some of Michael's larger tee shirts. I feel like I've basically been wearing the same three things over and over. Needless to say, I am looking forward to eventually wearing my normal clothes again!
Cravings: Ice cream, Wyler's Italian Ice Freeze Pops (I can't get enough of these), orange juice, and apple juice. 
Movement: Oddly enough, I feel like there has been way more movement this week than the last. Rhett only keeps getting larger and running out of more room, but I've felt more kicks and stretching movements.
Miss anything: I'm still missing my energy throughout the afternoon, but that's about it. Instead of contemplating what I'm missing, I've just been focusing on what I'm looking forward to.
Best moment of the week: At our doctor's appointment this Friday we found out that I was already about 3 cm. dilated! TMI? Well, we were very excited because that means that things are moving along. I can only hope that things keep progressing and we have this baby in the next couple days. I can't believe that we are so close!
Looking forward to: All we can think about is when our baby will arrive. I have everything more than ready for Rhett's arrival, so until then, I will continue to relax and go on walks!

Have a great week! I'm hoping that this will be the last post before our sweet little boy arrives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment