Stats.: drumroll please... 17.6 pounds! (I'm not sure on the height, because Rhett doesn't have an appointment until next month.)
Eating: about 5 oz. of breast milk each feeding.
Sleeping: Rhett slept through the night up until the last two weeks. He almost always falls asleep around 10:30-11p.m. and will either wake up once during the night around 4, or just sleep until 6ish. He has also officially moved into his crib to sleep full time! He loves to have a little bedtime snack right before bed. Rhett usually takes a longer morning nap and then takes shorter naps during the day and evening. Every day is a little different, but we are slowly developing a routine...I think/hope.
Development: Rhett is still smiling as much as ever. His smile lights up a room and melts my heart every time. He also is cooing and giggling often. It has been so exciting to watch him grab his toys! He is getting so curious about everything. He is doing such a good job at lifting his head up while he lies on his stomach. He is able to move his head from side to side, too! Rhett has also discovered his hands this month. He loves putting them in his mouth.
Likes: Rhett loves lying on a blanket in our living room and stretching out. I like to sit or lie next to him and make silly faces until he smiles and laughs. He also really enjoys looking at the TV (which I try to avoid in long increments)! Something I can't forget to mention is Rhett's absolute LOVE for his toy, "Jacques the Peacock." He can be completely sobbing, and then take one look at this thing and break into the cutest, happiest smile. If you're looking for a good baby toy, I would definitely get one of these! At one point I shook the toy for a good 45 minutes (it makes a rattle noise) because it made him so happy! Unlike last month, Rhett has grown very fond of bath time yet again! No crying when we wash his hair—only smiles here! He still loves looking at his mobile, cooing and making silly noises, and sitting in his bouncy seat. We put him in his Bumbo seat this month and he seemed to like that too (that hard part was getting him out—he's such a big boy).
Dislikes: the only thing Rhett doesn't seem to like is waiting for his bottle to warm up—when he's hungry, he's hungry!
Clothes: we have definitely moved into wearing 6-9 month clothes. I guess there are a few 3 month clothes that fit him alright, but I like to dress him in looser clothes. There's nothing worse than putting on something a little too snug on a baby.
This past month was both wonderful and eventful. It really flew by! We went back to my hometown to visit, had Rhett baptized, went shopping a couple times, and attended a wedding. As the end of my maternity leave is nearing, I am trying to soak up every second with my sweet, baby boy. As I've said before, and I know I'll say again, Michael and I are so lucky, blessed, and overjoyed to be Rhett's parents. We love him so much, and look forward to month four!
This past month was both wonderful and eventful. It really flew by! We went back to my hometown to visit, had Rhett baptized, went shopping a couple times, and attended a wedding. As the end of my maternity leave is nearing, I am trying to soak up every second with my sweet, baby boy. As I've said before, and I know I'll say again, Michael and I are so lucky, blessed, and overjoyed to be Rhett's parents. We love him so much, and look forward to month four!






No comments:
Post a Comment