Age: Seven months! I feel like I was just typing up the six month post!
Stats.: 23.8 pounds! Eating: Rhett is still drinking some formula, (and some water from his sippy cup!) but he is eating more and more baby food. It took him a little while to warm up to sweet potatoes and pears, but he seems to like both, now. He is also eating rice and oatmeal cereal.
Sleeping: Rhett has been such a good sleeper this month. Yay! He generally (and ideally) goes to bed around 9:30. He has been waking up at either 4 or 5, but this morning he let us sleep until 6:45! Yay! His sleep schedule can be pretty unpredictable at times. When he wakes up he usually likes a bottle, but not always. After we either feed him or hold him for a bit, we've been bringing him into our bed to snuggle...which is the BEST. We just place him in the middle of our bed and he'll roll to one side and sleep for another hour and a half or so. He is starting to sleep on his side more and more, which is the most adorable thing ever. We purchased a sleep sack for him too. He had a few when he was first born, but as he is moving around more in his crib, we wanted to get him another. I hated finding him without any covers, so the sleep sack prevents that from happening.
Development: It is so much fun to watch Rhett learn every second of every day. He is playing with his toys so much and interacting more and more with people. He seems to get flustered when we walk out of a room and is more smiley than ever when we come back. Speaking of smiling, I think he smiles 95% of the time. He also is starting to laugh more and more (the best sound in the entire world). He'll laugh when I play peek-a-boo with him or when Dad makes a variety of silly noises. Rhett still rolls from back to tummy, but struggles to roll back over. He plays pat-a-cake often and likes to stick out his tongue and make tooting noises. At daycare, Rhett was lying on his back and used his momentum to sit back up. I haven't seen him do that yet, but I can't wait to see it happen!
Likes: Like I said, Rhett likes sweet potatoes, drinking milk and water, and playing with toys a lot. He still loves bath time and jumping in his jumper. He is so curious, and even right now is trying to type on my keyboard. We bought him a toy TV remote because he is always trying to grab our real one. He literally puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.
Dislikes: It's hard to come up with anything, because he is such a happy baby. We haven't been in a public restroom in quite some time, so I'm not sure if the hand dryer would scare Rhett or not. He's not scared of the blow dryer when I dry my hair at home, so maybe he'd be okay? He does get a little overwhelmed in darker rooms with a lot of people.
Clothes: 12-18 months
We can't say it enough: we love our little sweetheart so much! He is the most wonderful part our lives. We are the luckiest parents to have him as our son. We love you, Rhett! We can't wait to see what's in store for the upcoming month!

No comments:
Post a Comment