Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Baby #2: 15 Weeks


How far along?: 15 weeks
How big is baby?: As big as a naval orange (about 4 inches and 2.5 ounces)
Have you started to show yet?: Yes, as you can see in the photo above! I feel like I am showing a lot faster than I did with Rhett, but that was expected. 
How are you feeling?: I've been feeling great! I am no longer as tired as I was a month or so ago, and I haven't felt very nauseous lately. I am very, very lucky! 
Cravings? One word: POPSICLES. These to be exact... (I could probably eat an entire box, but I restrain myself to two per night.)
Sleep: I've been sleeping well. As I mentioned last week, Rhett wakes up once a night at least, so that's really the only reason I'm waking up. I'm so used to it, I still wake up feeling pretty refreshed.  Someday... in the very distant future, I might sleep through the night again...
Gender prediction: I have no prediction! I just haven't had any strong feelings this time around. I just can't wait to find out if I can start buying cute baby girl clothes. 
Looking forward to: Another relaxing weekend. I'm hoping that it'll warm up a bit, so we can go outside and play in the snow! 

I still can't get over how fast this pregnancy is going. I figured it would, since I am so occupied with Rhett. Right now it's so hard to imagine what our lives are going to be like with another little baby, but we seriously cannot wait! 

On an unrelated note, I wanted to include some of my favorite baby apps. Michael and I both limit the amount of time Rhett spends on an iPhone or an iPad, but a little play time here and there is okay in our minds. Sometimes the phone or iPad really comes in handy, too... in clinic/hospital waiting rooms, if we're at a restaurant and Rhett has finished eating (and we need to scarf down our food), long car rides, etc.

Here are some of our (Rhett's) favorites...
1. Busy Shapes: Basically you move the shapes through a series of puzzles and place them in their proper holes.

2. Peekaboo Barn: (as well as Peekaboo Fridge, Peekaboo Presents, Peekaboo Trick or Treat, and Peekaboo Forest) Rhett has learned quite a few words and animal noises with this app.


3. PBS Kids Video: Rhett just simply loves clicking around on the different shows and listening to the opening theme songs. 


4. Car Puzzles: puzzles with cars and trucks...what could be better?!

5. Learn Your World Flashcards: Flashcards and voiceover, so Rhett can learn objects and words. I also love that you can make your own flashcards, so I've made many with family members pictures. 

I thought I'd end this post with some fun pictures of Rhett from dinner tonight. :) 
"CHEESE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment