Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

A New Year, A New Baby! - 14 weeks

It seems so crazy to back blogging about a pregnancy, but here I am! I can already tell that I am not going to be able to update this blog as much as I did the first time around, but I am going to try my best. Sorry second child! I won't be posting every week, but I will definitely try at least once per month. Michael, Rhett, and I are SO excited to be adding another baby to our family. We are thrilled and can't wait to see what this year will hold. 

How far along? 14 weeks
Have you started to show yet?: A little bump, although I'm still unclear if it is from all the holiday food or from Rhett, still.
How are you feeling?: I am very, very lucky that I have felt pretty great this entire pregnancy. Yes, there have been some nauseous moments, but I can handle that. Usually those happen in the morning or evening.  I try to make sure to have some snacks on hand at all times because I do feel most nauseous when I am hungry. I also make sure to eat a large breakfast before I take my prenatal vitamin. I mistakingly took one before bed one night, and I will never do that again—I felt so sick. For the first couple weeks, I felt completely exhausted, but that luckily passed.
Food cravings: Just like with Rhett, I haven't had any real strong cravings, but I must have some sort of fruit juice/sparkling beverage/pop/smoothie in the morning. Fruit just always sounds good to me. I haven't been having my typical cup of coffee in the morning, because it just doesn't sound appetizing. 
Sleep: I've been sleeping just fine. Rhett still wakes up once each night, and wants to come into our bed. I can't help the fact that I love this, because he is so fun to snuggle. He is a bed hog, however, and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night almost falling off the bed! 
Maternity clothes? I've always loved maternity clothes, because I have a naturally long torso, so a lot of them just fit well to begin with. With that being said, I have worn a couple tops, but I definitely didn't need to. I haven't worn any maternity pants yet, but I unpacked my tote with all of them yesterday!  
Gender prediction: This pregnancy is a little strange, because I do not have a prediction! I really felt that Rhett would be a boy, so it's odd that I don't have strong feelings this time around. Maybe that means a girl? Who knows! I do know that I will be 100% happy with either! I've always wanted a girl, but it would be fun to have another boy so close in age with Rhett.
Last appointment: I had an appointment on Monday and everything looks great. The baby's heartbeat was 160 and he/she was moving around like crazy! We were able to get another picture printed with the ultrasound machine, which is always fun.
Looking forward to: We obviously cannot wait to see what the gender will be. I will be making that appointment six weeks from now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment