Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Rhett: 18 months

Grandma Lucy came to visit this weekend!


Age: 18 Months! It's hard to believe he's already a year and a half!
Stats: Weighs about 28 pounds. 33 inches tall. He is in the 85th+ percentile in all areas!
Milestones: Rhett is communicating more than ever. He is quite the talker, and I can't even tell you how many words he can say (proud Mom here). I swear he learns new words and short phrases daily. I credit a lot of this to daycare. Rhett has learned so many things by going there. We are SO lucky to bring him to the best daycare around! He recently started saying, "Baby," or the even better version, "Oh baby!" It's so sweet when he wakes up in the morning and shouts "DADDA!" and "BABA" (aka Mama). He also discovered the word "No," and tends to say it in a sad, somber way. Needless to say, we are going to begin working on "Yes," now. ;)
Favorite Things: Rhett just loves to run all over the place, especially when we say, "I'm going to get you!" He will take off and that is soon followed with the sweetest, baby giggles. He is always, and I mean always, on the go! He loves playing with puzzles, unpacking things, and bringing us diapers to put on his stuffed animals, which is extra cute. As you can tell, he has a big personality. He loves sleeping/snuggling with mom and dad in our bed and loves his muslin blankets. Rhett has a few smaller security blankets, which he refers to as "Baby." Rhett falls asleep in his crib just fine, but he'll wake up in the middle of the night wanting to come into our bed. Although a major bed hog, I love lying with my arms wrapped around him more than anything. I can't help but cherish these special (and sometimes exhausting moments) because I know that they will only be a memory some day. When Rhett's older, I'm sure sleeping between mom and dad won't be a number one priority. Rhett's food preferences change all the time, but it's safe to say that he is an Italian boy! He loves pizza and pasta with red sauce and garlic cheese bread. He will also eat yogurt at any given time, and he is a major fan of both Cheerios and berries (blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries). Rhett definitely has a strong love for the Toy Story movies. He would literally sit in his mini rocking chair for a good 30+ minutes or so (if I let him) watching the movie. He is just fixated with all of those movies. It makes sense that some of his favorite toys are his Buzz and Woody. We really don't mind that he loves the Toy Story movies because we love them as well! Rhett recently seems to have a fascination with looking for Santa or pointing out Santa. Yes, Christmas is over, but ever since, the fascination has grown. If you mention Santa at daycare, he will run to this one, specific window and yell "SANTAAAAA" over and over. Sadly, he has yet to show up and Rhett will be waiting a while! (Santa came to the daycare Christmas party, so I think this is where Rhett is getting this.) He also loves Frosty the Snowman and will hum the first couple notes of "Frosty the Snowman," if you mention Frosty. Lastly, Rhett absolutely loves books. He has been flipping through books ever since he could sit up, and I love the fact that he genuinely enjoys "reading" them. He especially loves his Where's Spot? book, any book with animals or trucks, his Home book, and the always funny I Want my Hat Back. He also loves his Christmas scratch and sniff book (which has lost its scent months ago). He will scratch the little sticker and say, "Mmmmmmmmm!" It's the cutest. 
Least Favorite Things: Rhett is not particularly patient (like most 18 month olds, I'd imagine). When he wants something, he will let you know, and if you don't get it to him fast enough, prepare for his little groans or a mini temper tantrum. It's hard for us to tell if Rhett is a picky either, or pretty normal, but he definitely has his likes and dislikes for food. He doesn't care for vegetables, oatmeal, and most meats. If he doesn't want to eat something he will either purse his lips, shake his head, say "No, no, no," and/or take the food item and throw it on the floor. It's both a little frustrating and slightly amusing.

Overall, we are so incredibly blessed and love our little boy and new baby on the way more than anything. 

And here's me at 16 weeks with Baby #2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment