Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

15 Weeks

How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain: still around 2 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? I still haven't had to wear maternity clothing, but I'm drawn to leggings or pants with plenty of stretch!
Stretch marks? Not that I've noticed
Sleep: I generally wake up at least once per night, but it's not bad..maybe it's my body preparing me to wake up in the middle of the night to a crying baby?
Best moment this week: This has been a pretty busy week! With finals and the end of the semester at school, I've found myself almost constantly grading or lesson planning. In the second semester, I'm especially looking forward to teaching The Great Gatsby (one of my favorite books/movies) for the first time to my Advanced Placement English class. 
However, my favorite part of the week has probably been (you guessed it) the weekend! Michael and I have had a very low-key, relaxing couple of days. He also didn't have to work, so it was nice to spend the ENTIRE weekend together. On Saturday we did some cleaning, shopping, and movie watching. We watched Captain Phillips, and both enjoyed it. This morning we met up with some good friends for breakfast. I ordered blueberry French toast and it was delicious! This afternoon will involve a lot of lesson planning, but I also plan to watch The Grammys. Out of all the awards shows, this really is the only one that I like to watch...mainly to see what everyone is wearing and the many musical performances! Another exciting part of the week was receiving my new diaper bag in the mail! After a lot of research, I decided to get the Skip Hop Versa diaper bag in black. I ordered it from Amazon. It is extremely light and spacious. I love the style of it and how I can wear it over the shoulder or cross body. I CAN'T WAIT to use it!




Miss Anything? Not a whole lot this week. I haven't had any alcohol for so long, it seems normal not to have it.
Food cravings: fruit juice, smoothies, fruity candy
Anything making you queasy or sick: I still haven't been real apt to have a cup of coffee in the morning, which was a regular thing for me before I was pregnant.
Have you started to show yet: a small bump 
Gender prediction: This morning, our friend did the wedding ring, piece of hair, over the stomach test. I'm not sure if that test has a specific name, but according to it, we're having a GIRL! Now I'm really confused. Only a couple more weeks until we find out. :)
Happy or moody: Still remaining happy
Looking forward to: We have a four-day week with students and an in-service day tomorrow, so that will be nice. I'm also looking forward to receiving some of our new nursery furniture! There is a baby sale at Target this week that we couldn't resist. We ended up getting a crib and a dresser (to start)! The crib actually came with a free mattress as well, so we thought it was an extra-great deal. We loved the dark walnut wood and the fact that the crib is convertible. Now we just need to find out whether baby Cifaldi is a boy or a girl. I can't wait to decorate the nursery!


Have a fantastic, snowy week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment