Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

26 Weeks


April 13, 2014
How far along?: 26 weeks. If I’ve done the math correctly, I have now entered the third trimester. From what I’ve heard the third trimester involves losing energy, feeling huge, and experiencing anxiety for the baby to arrive...those things don’t sound that great to me, so I’m hoping that the warm summer weather will compensate (plus our A/C). 
Gender: Boy
How big is the baby?: The size of a head of lettuce. According to thebump.com, the baby’s eyes are forming and will be opening soon. The baby is also getting his immune system ready. 

Maternity clothes: Pretty much everything I wear is maternity now...or I feel that those clothes look and feel the best. That whole wearing your regular pants and just clasping them closed with a rubber band isn’t really working for me anymore. I’ve discovered that when you are pregnant, your stomach isn’t the only thing that grows larger! 
Sleep: This week, sleep has been a little better. Michael installed a ceiling fan in our bedroom (we never had one before) and that has made a big difference. The fan is absolutely quiet, but the air flow is very nice and helps me sleep comfortably.
Best Moment of the week:  On Friday, I left for Madison for the state forensics tournament. It was a fun time and everything ran smoothly. All team members did a great job at the competition. The worst part about the tournament was getting there and back. The bus ride on the way down wasn’t bad, but the ride home got long. It was SO bumpy, and I couldn’t get comfortable on the school bus to save my life. Next time I will bring a pillow or two! 
Cravings: Like I’ve said in previous posts, I haven’t had real intense cravings, but every once and a while, something sounds really good. This week I wanted to eat a lot of fruit and fruit-flavored treats (popsicles, frozen yogurt). 
Movement: Baby is kicking more and more. I love the feeling!
Looking forward to: Because I am currently typing this blog post on the bus back from Madison, I am looking forward to a relaxing Sunday at home! I am also looking forward to Easter! We are staying around Cumberland and I can’t wait to see our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment