Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

27 Weeks - Happy Easter!

April 20, 2014
How far along?: 27 weeks. 
Gender: Boy
How big is the baby?: The size of a RUTABAGA. According to thebump.com, the baby is practicing inhaling and exhaling with his rapidly developing lungs.
Maternity clothes: From here on out, it will most likely be maternity clothes for me. I've bought quite a few maxi dresses, and I am looking forward to warmer weather so I can start wearing them! Some of my favorite stores to buy maternity clothes are the Gap, Old Navy, Motherhood Maternity, and Target. I also especially like the Jessica Simpson maternity line pants. A lot of people have told me that maternity clothes are so expensive and you only really wear them for a couple of months. Maybe it's the fact that I'm a teacher and need to look presentable every day, but I feel like I'm definitely getting my use out of my maternity clothes! You really can't go wrong if you buy classic staples in maternity clothes. 
Sleep: Sleep has been okay this week. On Tuesday night, however, I actually slept throughout the entire night and didn't wake up until my alarm went off. I can't even remember the last time I did that! I think I forgot what an entire night's rest felt like (AMAZING)! 
Best Moment of the week: This week we had Friday off of school. We also have tomorrow off! I spent most of Friday tidying the house and reading/lesson planning. On Friday, we spent the night hanging out with friends, which was a lot of fun! Today (Easter) we went to Michael's aunt's house and spent time with family. There was SO much delicious food. I know baby Rhett was satisfied! :) I made these very rich, but tasty, peanut butter "poke" cake brownies.  Another thing to note was this beautiful weather: it was 72 degrees and sunny today! I can't even remember the last time it was this nice. I really cannot wait for summer!
Pregnancy symptoms: I still feel like I've still got my energy, but my legs and feet have been hurting this week. It almost feels like I have shin splints. (I read that leg cramps are pretty typical for this far in the pregnancy, so that would make sense.) I think the toughest thing about being pregnant is not being able to take meds for some of this pain. Other than that, no complaints! 
Cravings: I may or may not have made a pan of Special K bars this week ;)...plus those brownies, so I guess you could say I am craving peanut butter and chocolate!
Movement: Lots of movement this week! I also feel like the kicks are getting stronger and stronger.
Looking forward to: I'm planning to go to the cities tomorrow to make some returns and get a couple things. I think most people know that I love shopping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment