Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

31 Weeks

How far along: 31 weeks (just about two more months to go!)
Gender: baby boy
How big is the baby?: the size of a pineapple.At this point, the baby has developed all five senses. He is experiencing major brain and nerve development. Also, the baby's irises now react to light.
Sleep: no complaints about sleep this week. I'm now more used to getting comfortable with this large belly! 
Maternity clothes: I've only been wearing maternity clothes for quite some time now. If you look closely—or maybe even not that closely—you can see my lovely maternity "band" on my pants! haha...
Best moments of the week: I seriously cannot believe that we only have three more weeks of school left! This was another week that flew by. A highlight of the week was finding out that I do not, in fact, have gestational diabetes. My first test results came back "a little high," but after my longer and more intense appointment on Wednesday, I found out everything was just fine! On Friday, my sister-in-law and I got pedicures, which was definitely a highlight of my week. I might add that it is getting more difficult to put on my shoes or paint my toenails with this growing little boy! :) On Saturday, we went out with friends and had a great time. Today (Sunday) is absolutely gorgeous. The sun is shining and it is about 65 degrees! I plan to go on a walk today and spend some time in my new reclining lawn chair.
Pregnancy symptoms: I've felt a little cramping in my stomach this week. I believe that this feeling is known as "Braxton Hicks" contractions. 
Cravings: as the weather gets nicer, I find myself craving a margarita (or two) or a mojito. Here are some recipes that I am looking forward to trying once August rolls around. 
Fresh Pineapple Margarita





Movement: I'm loving all of the movement from Baby Rhett. I've found that he especially likes to move around when I'm trying to fall asleep.
Looking forward to: This week will also probably fly by because we have a few things going on. We are attending the school district retirement party on Wednesday. We also have another doctor's appointment on Thursday. This weekend is the high school graduation. I'm not exactly sure what our plans are for Memorial Day weekend, but it looks like the weather should be nice, so I plan to spend a good amount of time outside! 

I wanted say thank you to everyone who has been following my blog throughout this wonderful experience. It has been so fun to hear people comment that they are reading and enjoying my blog. On that note, have a fantastic week! Enjoy the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment