Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

32 Weeks


How far along: 32 weeks
Gender: boy
How big is the baby?: the size of a squash (I'm not exactly sure what type of squash by looking at the photo below). At this point, the baby is still growing and weighs in at about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds. Nevertheless, judging at the size of my stomach, I feel like he has to be bigger than that. At 32 weeks the baby's getting more and more ready for his decent. According to thebump.com, he likely in the head-down position now. However, Rhett's head has been in the down position since our last two doctor's appointments. That leads me to think that he is going to come earlier than July 21, but we'll see!
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well. The worst part is waking up and feeling extremely sore. Like I've said before, though, I feel much better once I get moving around. 
Maternity clothes: Maternity clothes only. To be perfectly honest, I've been feeling a little disheartened about how large I've gotten recently. I obviously realize that I have a growing baby inside of me, and gaining weight is all part of the pregnancy experience, but it is a little discouraging when all of your clothes are snug (maternity clothes included). I'm betting this feeling is perfectly normal, and the hormones don't help, but getting dressed each day isn't very enjoyable. I've bought quite a few maternity clothing items (and have purchased almost all of them on sale), but it's getting expensive, and that gets stressful, too. My doctor tells me that I am gaining weight at the perfect rate, and I am right where I'm supposed to be, but I'm getting panicked thinking about what size I am now, and the fact that I have two more months to go! I've been trying to exercise as much as possible, but the only thing that I can seem to do comfortably is walk and lift dumbbells. I would love to go on a bike ride or go rollerblading, but when I tried biking, it felt awkward, and I wouldn't want to risk falling while rollerblading (I'm no expert)! Okay, okay,  I'll stop my whining now. :)
Best moments of the week: This weekend has definitely been a highlight. We had a great time with family and friends. 
Pregnancy symptoms: Nothing notable.
Cravings: BBQ pulled pork (which I made this weekend). Yum!
Movement: Lots and lots of movement.
Looking forward to: More sunshine! We only have two more weeks of school left as well. This week should fly by, being that we technically only have three days in the classroom (besides Memorial Day off, our school is having an Environmental Day, where we go out into the community and complete projects). 

Have a great week! I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment