Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Baby #2: Nursery Inspiration

Baby 2 Nursery Inspiration



I created this "set" using Polyvore. It's a fun website that allows anyone to create style boards (and it allows you to directly publish your "sets" to Blogger, as well as other websites), so it's easy to use!

When deciding how to decorate our new baby girl's nursery (yes, I realize she's not due until July, but there's not much to do during these cold, winter months!), I wanted something girly and fun that would still look nice with our dark wood furniture (crib, changing table, and dresser). When I think of girly, I automatically think of pink, but I didn't want the baby's room to look like a pink explosion. These are the pieces that I was most drawn to. I love floral prints and when I saw the Poppy swaddle blanket from Little Unicorn I knew I had to have it! Lucky for me, my wonderful sister-in-law bought it for me as a gift! I was planning on getting the matching Poppy print crib sheet, but decided on the "Garden Rose" sheet instead. I already had the circular wicker basket (it used to be in our living room), but now I plan on putting baby toys and blankets in it. The glass jar is going to be used to organize baby headbands and bows. The "I Love You So," print is from Minted, and I love the simplicity to it. You can also customize the print, so we will be adding the name of our sweet baby to it! I purchased frames for the prints from Hobby Lobby. They are a brown/gray rustic wood, and I absolutely love them. I decided to create a floral initial wall hanging and enlisted the help of Michael. I'm proud to say it was a Pinterest success! I'll wait to post the one we made (we are going to keep baby girl's name a surprise), but I included a photo below, so you can see my inspiration. Lastly, one of my past students PAINTED me this one-of-a-kind, beautiful print. I am so excited to put all of the nursery pieces together!

No comments:

Post a Comment