Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Rhett's "Big Boy Room" Inspiration

Rhett's Big Boy Room Inspiration




Rhett's "big boy," room is still a work in progress, but I thought it would be fun to put together an inspiration board of some of pieces that we decided to incorporate. I wanted to use as much from his nursery as possible, but we still needed a few new items, too. I wanted to have an outdoors/animal theme while still using some modern/white pieces. I also wanted to stick to a blue, green, and orange color scheme. I loved the "Animals of North America," poster that we used in Rhett's nursery, so we wanted to keep that a focal point and source of room inspiration. I purchased the poster from the Land of Nod, but recently realized that the print is originally from the brand Small Adventures. You can also order prints from their website and their Etsy shop— I think they are cutest! (This is where we purchased the "Flowers of North America," print for the new nursery.) We also already had the blue and white striped duvet cover from Ikea, and I think that works well with the overall look. A couple new, fun pieces we added were the buck stuffed animal wall mount, white picture ledges for displaying books, printed tan curtains, and white tree branches lamp. We incorporated some white bookcases (a 5-shelf, as pictured above and a 2-shelf) and fabric bins for extra storage, since we will not be putting a dresser in his room. He also has plenty of closet space, so I think it'll all work out. I will take photos once the room is completely put together! We have been contemplating when to officially move him into his new room (and out of his crib), and we're thinking it'd be best in the next month or so. It seems like an intimidating process, but we figured it would be a lot easier before the new baby arrives. We purchased this mesh baby gate that we will put in the hallway right outside of his new room. That way, he could still get into our room, if necessary. Once we potty train Rhett, he will also be able to get to the bathroom (with the baby gate up, without any access to the rest of the house. The thought of him waking up in the night and wandering around just terrifies me! We also bought this bed rail  to keep him from falling out of his new bed. We decided to simply put his box spring and mattress directly on the floor so he'll be as safe as possible in his bed. It will be so strange to move Rhett out of the nursery, but we have to make way for his new baby sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment