Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

14 Weeks


How far along? 14 weeks
Total weight gain: 2 lbs. according to my appointment on Thursday
Maternity clothes? I haven't needed to wear any technical maternity clothes, but some of my jeans are feeling a little snug. I bought a pair of these pants earlier this week, and they are wonderful! They aren't considered maternity, but they stretch a lot and are incredibly comfy. I wanted to order a black pair, but they are sold out online. I also ordered a couple maternity items from Gap/Old Navy because they were having a 40% off sale. I purchased a black maxi dress from Old Navy (only $11.97+40% off!), black leggings from Gap, and a simple black v-neck tee from Gap. Apparently I've got the "black is slimming" idea in the back of my head! ...no, actually black is one of my favorite colors to wear. I think all of these clothes are basic staples for a pregnant woman's wardrobe.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I've been sleeping just fine, but I've had some pretty crazy dreams lately!
Best moment this week: This was an all-around great week! I feel much more energized at this point, and I was surprised how fast the days flew by. I figured that this week at school would feel so long, since it was the first five day week since December 16-20, but it wasn't at all! 
Last night, Michael and I went to the movie Lone Survivor, and it was very good! I don't know if I could watch it again (because it was so realistic/gory), but it definitely made me feel thankful for those who serve or have served our country. Today (Sunday, Jan. 19) also marks Michael and my 5th year anniversary as a couple. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and best friend. I just know he is going to make the best dad. I also had another appointment on Thursday. Nothing new, but I can't complain about that! I guess it just means that everything is going smoothly. I have another appointment scheduled on Feb. 14. After THAT appointment, we will make the appointment to find out the gender. We can't wait!
Miss Anything? Caffeine and wine, but I'm doing just fine without it.
Baby's heartbeat: 160 
Food cravings: this week I've just been craving fruit juice...apple, orange, cranberry, cranberry/raspberry...you name it, it's in our fridge!
Anything making you queasy or sick: This might be TMI, but I was a little rushed during one of my lunch breaks this week and ate my lunch way too fast. I wasn't feeling the greatest after that. Note to self...take time to eat!
Have you started to show yet: A little bump is in the works!
Gender prediction: Still a boy. I'm not exactly sure why I feel this way, but I do.
Happy or moody: Happy and energized.
Looking forward to: I'm still looking forward to looking "more pregnant". I'm sure I'll regret saying that at week 30+! However, I'm not really loving this in-between stage of my stomach getting slightly bigger, yet I still don't look totally pregnant...I feel like it looks more like I've been overeating and not exercising. Something I'm not looking forward to is being on jury duty call for the next 10 days... I hope I don't have to miss a lot of school with finals week approaching. I just need to call in every night at 4:30 to see if I have to go in the next day. Maybe it won't be so bad. 

Have a great week! 

2 comments:

  1. You look adorable! Cute dress! I'm loving your blog, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartbeat of 160 sounds like a girl :) was for me at least. Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete