Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Week 12 - The first post!

Welcome to my baby blog! I decided to create this blog to share and remember all of the experiences with our first pregnancy.

How far along? 12 weeks
Total weight gain: about 2-3 lbs.
Maternity clothes? I received a couple cute maternity pieces from Target for Christmas, and I am looking forward to wearing the new clothes! However, at this point I don't need to wear any of them quite yet
Stretch marks? Nope...not looking forward to getting any, either!
Sleep: In the evening I get pretty tired, but sleep great at night
Best moment this week: discovering a great baby blog online and browsing for nursery gear
Have you told family and friends: Yes! It was a great relief and a lot of fun to let everyone know our exciting news
Miss Anything? Caffeine, an occasional glass or wine/beer, cold/flu medicine
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: yogurt, juice...anything fruit-related
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm feeling picky when it comes to breakfast. I'll basically only want to eat yogurt or oatmeal. Greasy food and Alfredo sauce makes me nauseous.
Have you started to show yet: A tiny bump so far—basically it looks like I ate too much food over the holidays, which is most likely true
Gender prediction: Boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Getting a bigger bump & finding out the gender! :)

In other news, I can barely contain myself from looking for nursery inspiration. I know that once we know the gender, it will make a lot more sense, but here are some websites that I've been getting some cute ideas:

http://www.landofnod.com/nursery/ (associated with Crate and Barrel)


Also, here is the furniture that our hearts are currently set on: 

I really would like a rocking chair or glider of some sort, but am still on the look out.

Have a great week! I'm looking forward to the first "cold day" in the history of my teaching career, tomorrow. The wind chills are predicted to approach -45F!


No comments:

Post a Comment