March 23, 2014
How far along: 23 weeks!
Gender: baby boy :)
How big is the baby?: the size of a grapefruit! At this point, (according to thebump.com) babies at 23 weeks are about 10.5 to 11.8 inches about 12.7-20.8 ounces.
Maternity clothes: I've been incorporating more and more maternity pants/leggings into my wardrobe. I do wear some maternity tops, but I'm still able to get away with wearing some of my more stretchy, flowing tops that I already had.
Stretch marks: None that I can tell, but I'm getting afraid to look!
Sleep: Sleep has been great this week. I've been also having some very vivid dreams.
Best moment of the week: This weekend I headed back to my hometown to spend time with one of my best friends who was back for spring break from grad. school. We went out to lunch and went shopping at Mall of America on Sunday. It was so much fun to see her and catch up! Also this weekend, my mom and I started working on a quilt for Baby C. I couldn't find a blanket that I was completely in love with, so I decided to make a quilt, and thankfully, my mom offered to help! We selected fabric that incorporated the color-scheme of the nursery: brown, cream/white, green, and orange. We also found an adorable fox fabric that ties it all together. We started cutting out squares and sewing them together this weekend. I can't wait to see it when it is complete and in the nursery. Speaking of the nursery, my amazing husband painted the baby's room this weekend. We had decided on a color (Mushroom Risotto, which describes it very accurately, in my opinion) a few days ago, and he made it happen. It was such a nice surprise to come home to and the color looks great! Once the nursery is complete, I'll post pictures, however, that might be in a number of weeks!
Movement: Kicks about every few hours
Cravings: sweets....especially Easter candy
Queasy or sick: Feeling fantastic!
Looking forward to: This weekend, I am driving into the cities to visit one of my friends from college. I haven't seen her since December, and I know it will be a great weekend! It's crazy to think that in a few, short months, it will be more difficult to make these weekend trips back to my hometown, or even a trip to the cities to catch up with friends, so I feel like I need to take advantage of that now.
Have a wonderful week!


No comments:
Post a Comment