Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

34 Weeks


How far along: 34 weeks
Gender: boy
How big is the baby?: the size of a butternut squash. According to thebump, Baby Rhett weighs in at about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and is somewhere from 17.2 to 18.7 inches. I remember trying to visualize a baby the size of a plum or an orange, and now he is almost full grown and ready to enter the world! We can't wait!
Sleep: I've been quite sick this week. I've had a pretty bad cold (sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, watery eyes). I thought it was allergies at first, but now I'm not sure because Michael is feeling it as well. I can definitely thank Vicks and Kleenex for helping me survive this week! Did you know they make tissues WITH Vicks?! I'm hooked!
Pregnancy symptoms: I've felt a little more cramping this week and a LOT of movement
Cravings: sweets. I feel like DQ is constantly calling my name. 
Best momentS of the week: There were so many great things happening this week (despite me being terribly sick, of course)! First off, it was the last week of school. Friday was our last day, and it went really well. It was thrilling to grade the very last assignment and enter it in the grade book! I almost dread the last day of school because sometimes students get this "it's the last day of school, and I'm going to act however I want to because I think that you can't do anything about it" attitude that I'm not a fan of. However, I didn't have to deal with that at all. The kids were great, and I'm going to miss a lot of them. I can't believe I already have three years of teaching under my belt. Each year has been rewarding and challenging in its own way. Now I am ready to do some summer reading in preparation for some new classes that I will be teaching next year! This week, I also started to put together my hospital bag. I know I still technically have six weeks to go, but it gave me some peace of mind to have a few things ready. Another exciting moment of the week was my brother-in-law's engagement news. He and his bride-to-be announced their engagement to us yesterday afternoon! They make a perfect couple, and I couldn't be happier for them! We celebrated last night by going out for dinner.
Looking forward to: One of my best friends is back visiting from Arizona, and we are going to meet up tomorrow. We are going to do a little shopping and go out for dinner before I drop her off at the airport. She is also expecting (due in August) and is having a boy. I can't wait to take a baby bump picture together! I am also having a baby shower this Saturday. My mom is coming up on Thursday night and we are going to spend all day Friday together. My sister is coming to visit as well. I am so thankful for all of my wonderful, generous family and friends. It should be a wonderful weekend! I can't wait!

Have an excellent week! It already feels so weird to not be at school on this Monday morning, but no complaints from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment