Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

35 Weeks

How far along: 35 weeks
Gender: boy
How big is the baby?: the size of a coconut! Baby Rhett is somewhere from 17.2 to 18.7 inches long and most likely won' be getting much longer (according to thebump.com). He will, however, be plumping up another pound or two in the next couple weeks. 
Sleep: I still have my cold, but I think it is getting better, and it hasn't caused any sleep issues. Some nights I sleep great, while others I toss and turn or wake up multiple times throughout the night. It's kind of all over the place. 
Pregnancy symptoms: If my legs/ankles/feet aren't elevated, they tend to swell up a little and my feet fall asleep. Our little baby has also had the hiccups quite often lately. 
Cravings: I'd probably still say sweets or fruit. I am eating a lot of fresh fruit and popsicles. 
Best momentS of the week: This was my first full week off of school, which was relaxing! I spent the day with my good friend Kara on Tuesday. It was so much fun to see her and to do some shopping for our future little boys. I cleaned our entire house on Wednesday, which wasn't too exciting, but very necessary! My mom came to visit on Thursday night and stayed until Saturday. We went on a walk on Friday, ran some errands, and made a delicious dinner. My sister also came to visit on Friday and stayed for the baby shower on Saturday. Speaking of the baby shower...it was WONDERFUL! So many of our friends and family were able to attend, and it was so nice to see everyone. I was definitely showered with gifts (to say the least). We received SO MANY NICE THINGS! At this point, I am feeling very prepared for our new baby. We are so appreciative and thankful for the fantastic shower thrown by my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. On Saturday night we met up with some friends for dinner and had a fun evening with them. On Sunday, we were able to look through our shower gifts and started finding a place for all of them. I've included some pictures from the shower below...
Looking forward to: This week I have to go into school for some inservice days, so I will be busy with that. I also plan to get some reading done and continue to organize the nursery. I will post pictures eventually! I'm especially looking forward to my cousin's wedding taking place on Saturday. It will be the last time I am back in my hometown before the baby arrives! 
Have a great week! 


 The adorable quilt for Baby Rhett made by Grandma Shirley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment