Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Baby #2: 26 Weeks


How far along: 26 weeks
How big is baby?: baby is as big as a head of lettuce about 1.5-2.5 lbs. (I'm betting our baby is closer to the 2.5 lb. mark!)
How are you feeling?: I've been feeling pretty good! Mid-week, however, I wasn't feeling the best. I felt pretty achy all day and that progressed to a headache, stomach ache, and light-headedness. I ended up leaving work a little early to take a nap. I felt better after that, but later that night I felt like I had heartburn. I don't think I've ever had that before, but I felt like something was poking my chest and it was difficult to breathe. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary, so I'm not sure what that was all about. That went away after a while, but I still had a stomachache. The next day, I woke up feeling just fine. I'm glad those sick feelings were short lived.
Cravings? apple juice, gummy bears, jolly ranchers
Sleep: Sleep this week has been pretty wonderful! Something exciting happened this week... Rhett started sleeping in his big boy bed! It was a lot easier than I thought (knock on wood—it has only been three consecutive nights). Over the last couple weeks, we slowly moved Rhett's things from from his nursery to his new room which seemed to acquaint him with the new space well. His bed is on a box spring on the floor, so he is able to crawl up into the bed easily. We also have a bed rail attached to keep him safe and sound. Equipped with his favorite stuffed animals and blankets, his bed was ready to go! The first night, we just read some stories in his new room (on his bed), turned up the sound machine, gave him plenty of kisses, and laid him down. I laid down on the floor next to him and kept telling him "Nigh, nigh," and he got the hint. He peeked over the edge a couple times to make sure I was still there, gave me kisses, giggled, and cuddled up with his animals (plus Buzz Lightyear) and blankets. After about 25 minutes or so Rhett (and I) fell asleep. Michael had to wake me up off of the floor! We're also pretty proud to announce that Rhett hasn't been waking up in the middle of the night wanting to join us in our bed. I absolutely love cuddling with him, but he has been quite the bed hog lately, and I'm glad to have some more space (especially with my growing belly)! Maybe it's just me, but I also feel like Rhett has been waking up in the mornings more refreshed as well. About an hour ago, I was able to get him to take a nap in his bed for the first time, too! Parenting win! I love when these little things are so rewarding. I'm not sure why these big milestones/transitions get me so worried and stressed out, but so far most of them (actually all of them) have been pretty easy! I was worried a while back about no longer rocking Rhett to sleep and no longer giving him a bottle at night, but those were both easy to stop too. 
Best moment of the week: The best moment was probably getting Rhett to sleep in his big boy bed. A close second was going to the Como Zoo on Monday (we had the school day off for Easter break). Rhett's reaction to the animals was priceless. I love watching his little face light up and hear him mimic the animal noises. We had such a fun mommy/son date.  




No comments:

Post a Comment