Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Baby #2: 27 Weeks


How far along: 27 weeks... I've alllllmost reached the final third trimester! I am both excited and anxious about this. Of course I'm feeling excited because we are getting closer and closer to meeting our baby GIRL! (I still can't believe I'm going to have a daughter) However, I really don't look forward to getting bigger and bigger...we are approaching uncomfortable territory! To be honest, the whole labor/delivery aspect is starting to frighten me a bit, too. I think I feel more nervous about the delivery this second time around because I simply know what it can be like. Although I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, and I am beyond blessed to have a healthy, perfect baby boy, I didn't have the most ideal of situations for Rhett's birth (he was 10 lbs. 14 oz. after all). My healing process was lengthy, and I'm not really wanting to go through all over again. At the next couple doctor's appointments I'm sure we will talk about delivery options. I know that a c-section would not be an easy or fun process by any means, but it is an option that I would like to learn more about. We may have another ultrasound later in the third trimester, as well, since I really don't want to have to deliver another extremely large baby, naturally. 
How big is baby?: baby is as big as a rutabaga! 
How are you feeling?: No complaints, just a little sleep deprived! I keep waking up with unbearable charley horse cramps in my legs in the morning. This morning I couldn't get it to go away, and when I finally did, my leg was sore. I know these can be pretty common during a pregnancy, but they are not the most fun things to wake up to.
Cravings? French toast, cherry freezes from DQ (can't get enough of these)
Sleep: Remember how I said sleep was "wonderful" last week? Well, not so much this week. After a fun day spent with friends at the Children's Museum on Sunday, Rhett became feverish. He barely slept Sunday and Monday nights and that was pretty rough. He felt so warm and was moaning and groaning the majority of the night. Poor little guy! We were able to give him some medicine, which helped a lot. Whenever babies develop some sort of fever or chew on anything, it seems like we automatically assume it is something related to teething. Rhett hasn't had any major issues when it comes to teething, but on Wednesday it was a different story. First we noticed Rhett's very swollen and red gums. He was a completely different toddler and was clearly in a lot of pain. Another downside (which is probably typical) is that he does not enjoy taking medicine to say the least. We have been giving him Tylenol and applying Oragel often. He also has been enjoying plenty of ice cream. One type of medicine that Rhett takes willingly (and seems to enjoy) are these Hyland's Teething Tablets. I'm not sure how much they actually help, but I will hold out two in my hand and he instantly grabs them and puts them in his mouth. We're hoping Rhett feels better ASAP! 
Best moment of the week: Like I mentioned before, Rhett and I met up with some friends at the Children's Museum this past weekend. It was a lot of fun! I just love seeing his big blue eyes light up when he sees something exciting or new. He seemed to enjoy every part of the museum, but his favorite was probably the "Water Works," area. I would describe it as large water activity tables EVERYWHERE. There was even one completely filled with bubbles. Rhett loved the bubbles (he even ate some and said, "Mmmmm!") and the table with various tubes and ping-pong balls. He seriously could have stayed in that area for hours... but we had to get going and he left kicking and screaming. He's definitely to the point where he knows what he wants, and when he doesn't get his way, he lets us know. He cried for about five minutes and kept saying "Bubbles," in a sad voice on the way home. At least I know he had a fun time! I think I've mentioned this before, but it is SO MUCH FUN to bring him to these new places and experience new things with him. Everything is just so exciting to him, and I love sharing all of these special, priceless moments with him. Life through the eyes of a child is seriously so magical (insert cheesy mom quote). ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment