Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Baby #2: 30 Weeks

How far along: 30 weeks!
How big is baby?: baby is as big as a large tub of ice cream or a zucchini ...whichever you prefer.
How are you feeling?: I'm feeling great. The baby has been moving around a lot. Lately, I've found my appetite to be growing and growing. I am almost always hungry. This usually results with a bowl of cereal or a yogurt (or both) before bed. Also, Rhett has been sleeping well, so I've been sleeping well. It's been kind-of hard getting going in the morning due to the weather, but it hasn't been as hard to get out of bed in the morning, like last week. I just don't feel quite as drained. Plus, it helps when you hear "Mama! Mama!" from the bedroom next door! :) 
Cravings? root beer floats, quesadillas, Lucky Charms (all very healthy, I know)
Sleep: Great!
Best moment of the week: I had a doctor's appointment this week (we are now at the one appointment every two weeks point) and it went really, really well (they always do, but I left this appointment feeling a sense of relief). My doctor and I discussed delivery options, which have been on my mind for quite some time now. I've just been getting more and more anxious thinking about delivering a baby as the due date approaches. I'm so lucky to have a doctor that is truly supportive of whatever I'd like to do and what's best for me. Rhett's delivery was not exactly standard, and my recovery period was extremely lengthy. Plus, he was almost 11 pounds and had a head that measured in the 99th percentile... In that case, the option of a c-section has been on my mind. We decided that scheduling two more ultrasounds in the next couple weeks would be a good idea. That way we could really determine how big of a baby we have on our hands. Also, we talked about not letting me go over my due date, like we did with Rhett (through he was only one day over his due date). We also talked about a regular delivery, with the possibility of a c-section, if things get difficult, or a scheduled c-section. After all of this talk, we actually used the smaller ultrasound machine to see baby #2. We soon discovered that she is still in the traverse position, or sideways. My doctor said, "Well, maybe she'll just end up deciding what type of delivery, for us!" My doctor has no intentions to re-position or move the baby, based on my last delivery and body, so she said, if baby #2 is still traverse, we will automatically rule out a regular delivery and schedule a c-section. I know that everyone has a different experience with a c-section, and the recovery is not easy, but the recovery I had after Rhett was born was, in my doctor's opinion, more difficult than it would have been with a c-section. After leaving the appointment, I just felt so much better knowing that I have some options with this next delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment