Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Baby #2: 36 Weeks



How far along?: 36 weeks. We are on the home stretch!
How big is baby?: baby is as big as a papaya. According the The Bump, babies are typically anywhere from 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds at this point. At my ultrasound, yesterday, I was told (give or take 1 pound) that our baby is 6 pounds 11 ounces. 
How are you feeling?:  I've been feeling a lot of movement this week and am getting more and more uncomfortable. I can't complain, because I feel like I've had an easy pregnancy, but it is definitely more challenging when you're very pregnant and have an almost two-year-old to chase around! I always hear people commenting how it must be so miserable to be pregnant in the summer. I really disagree and don't think it is bad at all. The only negative that I see is that it is so nice outside, and I want to be outside with Rhett all the time. However, it is so exhausting at this point to go on a walk or play with him at the park. I feel like I should be taking advantage of the nice weather, but I just can't move around as easily. When I was pregnant with Rhett, I felt like he was always up in my ribcage, and I had some lower back pain. With this baby, I don't feel anything in my ribs, but my hips and legs are often sore. 
Cravings?: ice cream
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well this week. No matter when I go to bed though, I wake up pretty groggy. 
Best moment of the week: I'm not sure if I mentioned this on the blog or not, but we have scheduled a c-section for June 27th! I am very happy with our choice to go with a c-section this time. Many people don't know that I had a regular birth with Rhett, but halfway through labor, my doctor was seriously contemplating doing an emergency c-section. This baby is predicted to be a big one, like Rhett, and we feel that a c-section is going to be an easier, safer process, with a much shorter healing time for me. I am excited to be able to experience both a regular birth and a c-section (well as excited as one can be for a major surgery). It seems so strange, yet exciting, to know the exact date that we will meet our little sweetheart. It also makes me feel less anxious. It's definitely nice to have some things planned out in terms of Michael taking days off, who will watch Rhett when we have the baby, etc. With that being said, I have my hospital bag already packed unless she wants to make her debut earlier. This week, I have been very on the go to say the least. Rhett and I met up with my mom on Sunday in the cities and we spent the day shopping. Emily also met up with us later on, too. On Monday, I had my hair done for the first time in way too long, and on Tuesday, I went to the cities to spend the day with Emily. It was a lot of fun to see her new condo and explore her new neighborhood. Yesterday I had an ultrasound  appointment and a regular doctor's appointment. This weekend we have a family wedding, which will be a lot of fun, and a baby shower that I am co-hosting. I really wanted to fit in as much as possible before the baby is here in approximately 18 DAYS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment