Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Baby #2: 38 Weeks!

How far along?: 38 weeks! The FINAL WEEK! (c-section scheduled on Monday, June 27th). I can't believe this week has arrived. This pregnancy has flown by, but this week has taken foooorever.
How big is baby?: Baby is as big as a CAKE! According to The Bump, baby could be somewhere from 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weigh 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. I'm very interested to see how big the baby is when she's born.
How are you feeling?: I've been pretty tired this week. My body hasn't felt nearly as achy though, so that's good! I also have had TERRIBLE allergies. I've been dousing my face in Vicks and peppermint essential oil. I've also been wearing those silly-looking nasal strips, which Rhett finds funny. I honestly can't wait to take some serious allergy medicine as soon as I can.
Cravings?: Cotton Candy blizzards :-) 
Sleep: Besides being so congested that I basically have to breathe through my mouth all night, I've been sleeping okay. For some odd reason, I've been waking up at 5:30am and just can't seem to fall back asleep. I've been taking a lot of naps this week when Rhett is sleeping. He's been sleeping longer than normal too, which is really nice— 3 hours naps for a toddler are the best (especially when you're used to 1.5 hour naps).
Best moment of the week: Instead of just picking one best moment of the week, I'll just give a little recap of this week's highlights. We started the week with a fun lake day. It felt great to swim in the water and lay on a floatie. My mom, sister, and rest of my family that went on a trip to Italy, also arrived back in the U.S. safe and sound. I was relived that everyone was home safe and so happy to talk to my mom and sister on the phone! I missed them a lot and can't wait to see them both soon! We went out to dinner with my sister-in-law and future brother-in-law at my favorite restaurant in town. It was a perfect evening to sit out on the patio. Speaking of patio, I've been busy looking for patio furniture for our new deck. However, I'm not buying anything until I can get a deal, because I know all of the furniture will go on sale eventually. Michael is just about finished with the deck; he is currently working on steps around the entire perimeter of the deck. I seriously cannot wait for our first dinner (or breakfast or lunch) out on the deck. I'm not sure if I've mentioned my love for making Shutterfly photo books, but I just recently finished our book for the year (I decided that the end of the year would be today, since I started the book last summer, and with the new baby arriving soon, I will begin a new book). I can't wait to see it in person. Lastly, we've been working hard to check off tasks from our my to-do list, and we recently finished everything! To sum it up, we have basically cleaned and organized our entire house. Now, if it can only stay this way at least until I'm home with the baby! With "Tornado Rhett," that may not happen! The fridge is stocked, the hospital bag is packed, the house is clean... now we're all just waiting for Monday morning. We can't wait to meet our little girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment