Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Rhett: 23 Months






I love this face because after looking like this for about three seconds, he bats his eyelashes and burst out laughing. 
Age: 23 months!
Stats: Weighs 30.6 pounds. 2 feet 10 inches. 
Milestones: Just like last month, Rhett is repeating us all the time. He is SUCH a talker. I am so amazed at all the words and phrases he knows. We love looking at this Richard Scarry book, (it's the best) and watching Rhett point out and name all sorts of objects. The other night we were paging through it, and Rhett pointed to a birthday cake and shouted, "Happy birthday!" Michael and I just looked at each other and laughed. We didn't know how he necessarily knew this phrase (I mean, he has been to a number of birthday parties, so I suppose it makes sense), but we had never heard him say this phrase before and associate it with a cake and candles. Because he knows so many words, it is nice that for the most part, he is able to tell us what he wants now. I just think it's so neat to understand his thoughts or ideas through language. He also likes feeding himself with a spoon or fork.
Favorite Things: Rhett absolutely loves playing outside with his water table. He also loves "building" fire trucks and ice cream cones (haha) with blocks. He is back to being totally obsessed with Buzz Lightyear and Woody, and still loves pushing his trucks all over the house. He really loves his "babies" aka blankies. We stopped by daycare this week to visit his friends, Erika, and Nana, and he had a fun time! Nana gave Rhett two bags of random action figures and he also LOVES those. He calls them his "new toys" and has had a ball playing with them. It's so funny what will completely entertain a toddler. 
Least Favorite Things: I'd have to say not getting exactly what he wants...when he wants it. This has to be pretty common for an almost two year old. I feel like Rhett gets really frustrated because for one, he can't completely understand what I am saying or why I am saying it. Also, he can't verbally tell me everything that he wants. I'd imagine that, that would be irritating! He also still doesn't care for diaper changes. I have to either entertain him with a toy or book, sing him a song, or tickle him/make funny faces at him to get him to hold still enough to change his diaper. I keep thinking this is maybe a sign that he is ready to be potty trained, but I am definitely not ready to take that on with a new baby arriving in a matter of days. 

I've said it countless times, but we can't believe how fast our little boy is growing up. We're so excited to celebrate his second birthday next month! We also can't wait to see Rhett become a big brother in just TWO DAYS! I can't wait for the moment when he sees his baby sister for the first time. We love you so much, Rhett!

No comments:

Post a Comment